Greener Peasenhall & Sibton is a group of local people who care about our local environment, want to protect it, and prepare it for an uncertain future. We are not a Political group.
We meet to campaign for a Greener Peasenhall and Sibton – you are welcome to join us, or join our mailing list and find out what we are doing – mail us at email@example.com or follow our website – www.greenerpeasenhall.home.blog – recently revamped / updated
We are concerned about our natural environment, locally in Suffolk and the Nation. We have links to other ‘green groups’ in Suffolk.
We are concerned about the Resilience of Peasenhall & Sibton, in the light of impending Climate Change, and our preparation for these changes – retrofitting, solar panels, heat pumps.
We are also concerned about the build up of new properties within and on the margins of the village.
We are concerned about Air pollution, from traffic and from combustion [chimneys, fire-pits] and its effect on our family’s health.
We are concerned about Recycling of ‘rubbish’, especially that of plastic.
We want to leave a healthy world for our children and grandchildren.
A Green Agenda for Peasenhall and surrounding area.
Nature and the Environment:
- Reduce verge cutting through the village – keep a diverse biosphere –we want sufficient insects/pollinators to keep the Swifts and the Bees visiting here.
2. Increase tree and hedge planting – personally and as a village
for oxygen/carbon cycle, homes for birds, insects and mammals
3. Encourage residents to leave a wild space [and possibly a pond] in their garden to support birds, insects , mammals. It would be nice to have a ‘green corridor’ through the village for creatures-to encourage a diverse biosphere
4. Keep the Gull clear for drainage in the case of excessive rain.
Even if it’s a once in 10years flood – we want the drain to work
5. Save water, reduce consumption – get a water butt
Energy and Housing:
6. Encourage the Insulation [of roofs, walls and windows] of all houses to reduce fuel/carbon use and save money. Educate about Retrofitting.
to use less fuel / carbon, and emit less pollution
7. Raise awareness of the implications for the future ban on oil CH boilers, diesel and petrol cars
to inform future replacement in a sustainable way.
8. Investigate bulk purchase reductions for solar / heat pumps
9. Pressure planners – all new homes to be built to higher standards
insulated, passive or as near as, use heat pumps
Waste and Pollution:
10. Warn homeowners of the health risks associated with wood-burning stove emissions
8 million people dying of smoke associated health risks / causes of death
11. Discourage the use of plastic bags – even so-called biodegradable bags
less plastic in the sea
12. Discourage the domestic and agricultural use of chemical solutions – pesticides, weedkillers etc.
its killing our wildlife and ruining the soil and water supply, and affecting our own health.
13. Establish a water refilling point for personal water bottles
alternative to unhealthy bottled water
14. Establish charging points for Electric vehicles
encourage EV with a charging infrastructure
15. Encourage car sharing – reducing personal mileage
a bus route might help, especially if electric/hydrogen
16. Buy green products – buy local, not wrapped in plastic, low food miles
think twice about buying out of season from distant lands, arriving by plane.
17. Encourage development of safe cycle and walking routes
Follow this Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. This costs nothing.